Monday 26 September 2011

screen grabs

In this lesson I had make screen grabs of my magazine front cover to show the steps of my production.

I used adobe Photoshop to complete my front cover; I have used this programme before so it was east as I was familiar with the soft ware. This gave me extra time as I already knew where all the tool where that I needed to use. I planned my front cover on paper first this helped because it gave me some time to research other magazines and see various different lay outs.
I put in a plain light blue background for this magazine front cover this will be the main colour of my magazine.
I then added in my two people holding books so this relates to a school magazine I then added a small green shape in this will stand out to the reader and it will later have a free item in it I also added the date and price of the magazine

I then started to add text like my positioning statement this gives the magazine an ethos. I also add a cover line and text for my free give away the reader will spot this and it will make them think they are getting something for free.

I then added in the rest of my cover lines they are a different colour to the rest of the magazine because these are the main stories in the magazine and need to stand out so the reader can decide weather to buy this magazine or not.
I then added in the barcode this is out the way in the bottom right corner so the reader does not get distracted by this.




No comments:

Post a Comment